Front End Developer
You’re looking to bring your front end developer expertise to a team that is focused on perfecting user experience and shaping our next generation of online applications. You can apply your coding experience and design principles to produce innovative, responsive web sites with a focus on user experience.
Your role would be day-to-day management, upkeep and implementation of our corporate websites. Join our team to experience a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. Make your mark on our flagship rightlabs.com and electionbuddy.com applications.
RightLabs is a great place for a nimble development whiz to wear a lot of different hats and always have a new project to explore! If you are enthusiastic, self-motivated, able to learn on your own, and you’re looking to join an exciting team please send in your application. You have the following:
- 3+ years experience
- Website design and layout skills using WordPress
- Photoshop and Illustrator combined with DHTML, HTML5 and CSS/CSS3 coding experience (not just slicing Photoshop and using Dreamweaver)
- Expert knowledge of user interface design principles and good practices to create user oriented accessible websites
- Experience with developing mobile-optimized sites and user experiences
- Proven problem solving skills with the ability to come up with creative solutions to increase our website traffic and improve our brand awareness
- Live by the design principle of “don’t make me think”
- Understanding of basic SEO best practices for web development
Nice to have
- Object-oriented principles and design patterns
- Experience working on Zend, Symfony, or CodeIgniter PHP Frameworks
- Experience working with AngularJS, underscore.js or Backbone.js
Position is based in Edmonton with a young, talented team!